Sunday, 11 October 2015

A500.9.4.RB - Manglona,Matthew-Napu Course Reflections


A500.9.4.RB - Manglona,Matthew-Napu Course Reflections

As I reflect on the course dating all the way back to the month of August I really surprised myself on the amount of work and most especially the quality of work I was able to produce with everything that was going on in my life on a day to day basis. From working full time to having no weekends off once a month due to drill, coaching Crossfit, and volunteer work every other weekend, I surprised myself with everything I was able to accomplish. If I was able to improve my learning experience I would have to say I would improve my time management. It was such a blur I am not going to lie now that this course is over it is surreal. However I really did take a lot from this course because as the days went by I was able to apply each module lesson to my job and work.

For the university or instructor to give support on learning? In my honest opinion I think all the support was there from the start. If I had a question an answer with clarity was given especially from a distant learning point of view. An example was provided to include detailed information on what needed to be done. Which I really appreciated because this was my first distant online class and thought it would be a little bit more strict, but I really admire the quick responses and help that I was able to obtain.

There was a lot of relevance to my career from this course especially my confidence to my superiors and my critical thinking process of having a bright idea or recommendation for them. I also challenge my subordinates in asking them the questions needed when it comes to accomplishing certain tasks. I don’t base their answers to me from their perspective, but I ask them to think the questions my bosses would ask me when I turn in a product and ensure that they are able to provide me a detailed answer. In a way I taught my staff a little bit of this course along the way through this course. I expect to learn about things in the future on the more strategic level and apply decision making from the top of the pyramid point of view. I really look forward to the challenges once again as I continue to balance everything I have going on in my life at the same time striving to be the best I can be whether it be at work or my grades while attending this great University.

No comments:

Post a Comment